“Slugline is exactly what I want in a screenwriting app: simple enough to let me focus on the words, smart enough to know where those words should go.”
– John August, writer of Big Fish and Frankenweenie
Simple, Inside and Out
Slugline is refreshingly easy to use because it's focused entirely on the writing part of screenwriting. No need to wade through complex production features when you're trying to break your story. Instead, Slugline has the things writers need—like integrated outlining, a full-screen mode, and a pervasive sense of calm.
Write Anywhere, With Anything
Simplicity only works if it's more than skin deep. Slugline uses the Fountain screenplay format, which is nothing more than plain text. You can work on your screenplay anywhere, using any writing app, on any device.
Resurrect Your Darlings
Thinking of cutting a scene? Instead of deleting it, omit it. You'll still see it in the document as you work, but when you Preview or Print, it disappears.
Write More, Type Less
The Tab key is your shortcut to frequently-typed elements, including an automatically-updated list of every speaking part in your movie. Or just start typing, and Slugline will suggest completions.
- Used by Hollywood screenwriters on real projects
- Includes several templates, such as the famous Blake Snyder Beat Sheet from Save the Cat!®
- Full-screen mode
- Text-based notes
- Mac standard spell-checking and dictionary lookup
- Send to Highland, a screenplay file converter that speaks Fountain
- Optimized for Retina displays
Slugline is available exclusively on the Mac App Store for $39.99.